A Mason Skin Clinic and Float Center esthetician will tailor a waxing treatment to suit your skin and hair type.
Waxing provides smoother and longer lasting results by removing the hair from the root, whereas shaving cuts the hair right below the skin’s surface, causing a prickly feel days after shaving. Don’t expect your skin to be perfectly normal post-wax, the redness should go away overnight.
Minimum age to get waxed? If you are under 18, parents are required to sign a consent form and be present during the first session.
How often to wax? We recommend a fresh wax every three weeks, or until hair has grown at least a quarter of an inch.
Where to wax?
- Bikini line
Wax the sides and across the top. If you’re wearing a bikini, this will prevent any hairs from “peeking out”.
- Bikini full
Wax as much or as little hair as you like from the front. If you want to leave a small “strip”, triangle, square, or nothing at all, just let us know.
Wax from the front, all the way to the back with an added butt strip.
- Lip Waxing
Wax the hair from the top of the lip to the corners and underneath the lip
- Chin Waxing
Wax underneath and top of the chin
- Eyebrows Waxing
Before any hair removal is done a quick consult will be done on shape and size so we don’t remove or leave too much hair. Stubborn hair will be plucked and removed
- Stomach Waxing
Waxing comes in two forms, either a full stomach or just the stomach strip (strip of hair underneath the belly button towards the bikini).
- Arm Waxing
From shoulders to fingers, we offer arm waxing service that can remove all the hair in-between
- Back Waxing
Back waxing service covers the shoulders, the full back down to the pant line
- Nose and Ear Waxing
Wax the outside and tops of the ears
Please follow these waxing tips to minimize irritation and possible discomfort:
- Hair should be about 1/4 inches long.
- Take a shower that day.
- Exfoliate with a gentle scrub 2-3 days after and 2-3 times a week
- 2 – 3 weeks before, stop shaving
- Moisturize your skin daily after your waxing treatment, both shea butter and coconut oil are great to use
- About 30 minutes prior to a wax, take an over-the-counter pain reliever.
- Women, your pain threshold is higher just after your period ends, so plan your appointment for a few days after your time of the month.
- Wear breathable clothing such as cotton and loose fitting clothes.
- Relax during your waxing service, because tense muscles make the area more sensitive.
- Alcohol or caffeinated drinks a few hours before your waxing service, doing this will only make the skin more sensitive.
- Touching the waxed area and sexual intercourse for 24 hours to avoid getting bacteria in your open follicles.
- The gym, tanning salon, swimming pool, hot tubs and sauna for 24 hours after waxing.
- Tight clothing
- No hot showers, saunas or steam rooms for 6-8 hours after waxing
To make an appointment, or if you have any questions, please call (513) 913-7373.